Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
- Target audience
- Non-EU/EEA students
- Study period
- 1-2 years
- Maximum allowance
- max € 27000
- Eligibility (level)
- Eligibility (discipline)
- Eligibility (field of study)
- Humanities and Arts, Law, Natural Sciences and IT, Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Utrecht University
- Application deadline
- Please inquire
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective Non-European/EEA master students the opportunity to pursue a degree in a selected number of fields at Utrecht University.
International master programs that qualify for Utrecht Excellence Scholarship are offered by the following Graduate Schools:
- Graduate School of Geosciences
- Graduate School of Humanities
- Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance
- Graduate School of Life Sciences
- Graduate School of Natural Sciences
- Graduate School of Social and Behavioural Sciences
Master programs that are not funded by the Netherlands Government are excluded from the scholarship.
Successful candidates receive a scholarship for the duration of the master program. Depending on the length of the master program this can be either one or two years. Scholarship recipients will have to show sufficient academic progress in order for the scholarship to be prolonged in the second year. Students will have to able to meet the legal requirements for entering and residing in the Netherlands.
Scholarship applicants should be able to meet the following requirements:
1. Have a non-EU/EER nationality;
2. Hold a non-Dutch secondary school diploma;
3. Have been admitted to a relevant master program to which the scholarship applies.
4. Hold a relevant bachelor degree to the master program that is applied for.
5. Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a visa to enter the Netherlands
Scholarship candidates are assessed on a number of criteria, among which are academic merit (based on GPA) and financial need. Please note that it is not possible to apply directly to the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship. The Selection Committee of the program in question will select eligible candidates.
For more information about the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (procedures and requirements), please refer to the scholarship website.