FIDERH Loan Scheme
- Target audience
- Mexican students
- Study period
- max 3 years
- Maximum allowance
- 200,000 MXN per year
- Eligibility (level)
- Master, Phd
- Eligibility (discipline)
- Architecture, Art and Art History, Biomedical Sciences, Business Administration, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, General Medicine, Geo-information and Spatial Planning, Journalism and Mass Communications, Leisure Management, Linguistics, Mathematics , Political Science, Psychology, Public Administration, Sociology, Tourism, Transport and Logistics
- Eligibility (field of study)
- Economics and Management, Environmental Sciences, Health and Life Sciences, Humanities and Arts, Law, Natural Sciences and IT, Social and Behavioural Sciences
- Application deadline
- FIDERH opens several calls each year.
FIDERH (Fund for Develpment of Human Resources) is a federal trust that is managed by the Central Bank of Mexico. The fund has been financing Graduate studies for over 40 years.
Through the FIDERH Loan Scheme, students receive quarterly or annual stipends to cover tuition, living expenses or medical insurance. Students have 10 years to pay back the loan in 40 quarterly installments. Students who pay the loan back in time are eligible for a discount or a cancellation in the interest rate.
In order to qualify for the FIDERH loan, students must have admitted to a degree program abroad (at a recognized university) and apply for the loan in either of the 3 application slots: December, March or May. The loan scheme is also open to students who are already doing their studies abroad.
Applicants must be/have:
- Mexican citizens
- In the posession of a bachelor degree
- TOEFL score of minimum 550 (paper based), 213 (computer based), 80 (internet based). Or an IELTS score of 6.
- Unconditional offer of acceptance for a graduate program
- Support from a co-signer
For more information about the FIDERH Loan Scheme, please check the scholarship website.