- Degree type
- Language of education
- 13 weeks
- Tuition fee EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Tuition fee Non EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Education type
- Start of program
- Application deadline
- Type of institution
- Institute for International Education
The supply of good quality compound feeds is vital for progress in livestock production.
Professionals engaged in feed processing activities and closely related fields.
As a result of the training the participant is able to:
· Appreciate the relevance of local livestock farmers' knowledge, experience and practices and create awareness of sustainable production concepts and methods;
· Identify, recognise and analyse opportunities and problems, taking into account constraints and utilise possibilities concerning livestock production and the use of local feed-stuffs;
· Co-operate with others of various disciplines in planning, designing and implementing projects in the field of animal feed production;
· Transfer relevant knowledge, skills and technology concepts to small and intermediate livestock farmers and ditto animal feed producing units;
· More efficiently tackle problems regarding the optimum utilisation of locally available feed-stuffs, which are unsuitable for human consumption.
· Nutritional aspects: general and applied nutrition; ration formulation for different species; quality of feed-stuffs; utilisation of waste and by-products; preparation of compound feeds; storage; quality control and food safety.
· Technical aspects: feed-mill operation; receipt of ingredients; transport systems; storage; cleaning; drying; blending; grinding; mixing; weighing; delivery systems; maintenance; safety; plant design; technical drawings and diagrams.
· Organisational aspects: feed production objectives; cost-price calculation; budgeting; labour management; production planning and recording; (co-operative) business organisations and their financial reports.
· Applied management in the PTC+ feed mill.
· Compilation of a pilot project proposal.