- Degree type
- Language of education
- 2 weeks
- Tuition fee EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Tuition fee Non EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Education type
- Start of program
- Application deadline
- Netherlands Government
- Type of institution
- Institute for International Education
Assuring that equal numbers of men and women are participating is a measure taken. But what else needs to be done to redress imbalance in the respective positions of men and women?
Each stage of program management tools and issues regarding gender inclusion are explored and practiced. A focus is put on the participant as agent of change in his/her organization. Attention is therefore put at gender at an individual level, program and organizational level. A few field visits are included to analyze how gender is taken into account by Dutch organizations and their programs. The participant leaves with a personal action plan for mainstreaming gender in his/her programs and organization.
This course aims at project staff, advisers, desk officers and consultants, involved in facilitating integration of non discriminatory behavior and equality between men and women. A focus is put on the participant as agent of change in his/her organization. For this particular course familiarity with project cycle management is beneficial.
At the end of this 10 day course you:
- are familiar with the basic concepts of Gender, Project and Program Management
- can assure that gender is mainstreamed in the project cycle; in identification, formulation, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- are able to use an Appreciative Inquiry Approach at relevant stages of the project
- can develop a theory of change
- can design project and programs, monitor and evaluate on gender equality
- can assess your organization on strengths and weaknesses for mainstreaming gender
- The participant leaves with a personal action plan for mainstreaming gender in his/her programs and organization.
• Development interventions and gender issues • Life cycle of a project and gender • Planning and gender analysis • Developing objectives for change • Appreciative Inquiry • Gender impact assessment • Key competence of change agent • Gender budgeting for projects and programs • Gender sensitive indicators for change • Gender sensitive data collection and analyses • Gender at work.