- Degree type
- Language of education
- English (100%)
- 12 months
- Tuition fee EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Tuition fee Non EU/EEA
- Please enquire
- Education type
- Start of program
- Application deadline
- Type of institution
- Research University
The International Management program will expand your knowledge of the practical and theoretical dimensions of international management issues and you will learn how to deal with practical business situations.
What do Wall Street, the bustling trade markets in Hong Kong and the flower auction in Aalsmeer have in common? We live in an increasingly connected world where business is often conducted on a global scale, with customers and suppliers spread over many countries. Companies that operate in an international business setting continue to look for employees who are able to cope with such complexity. For this, you need to accumulate a wealth of knowledge across all the main business fields: accounting, marketing, management and fnance.
The Master’s program in International Management prepares you to understand and manage this rapidly changing process of globalisation. The scope of the programme is broad, although there are several opportunities for specialisation in specific disciplines by choosing appropriate electives. Furthermore, the MSc in International Management offers you teaching based on both theory and cases.
Why study International Management?
Organizations today seek employees with a broad understanding of global business. The Master's in International Management offers you exactly this opportunity: to become a highly-skilled generalist with the integrated overview of business and management so essential to any successful management career.
Content covers all the major business and management disciplines: accounting, marketing, management, organizational systems, and finance – while ensuring you gain a comprehensive understanding of how organizations can operate in a responsible way to create value for every stakeholder.
A Tilburg University Master's in International Management program offers you:
- The broad knowledge framework and comprehensive skill set needed for understanding, managing and resolving the diverse dilemmas that exist within an organization.
- A truly global experience that includes teaching by international academics and practitioners, culturally-diverse classmates and content that incorporates global business methods and models.
- A student-centred approach to learning, where you enjoy more individual attention from professors and thus more time to delve into topics and test your ideas.
- Ideal preparation for a future managerial career whether your ambitions lie in business, non-profit or the public sector.
International Management Career Prospects
With a Master's in International Management degree, you can choose from a huge range of possible careers in business and academia.
Your qualification opens doors for future jobs in:
- General management positions within multinationals and firms that deal with foreign companies.
- Marketing (specialized marketing consultancy firms, multinational companies).
- Corporate Finance (corporate finance and treasury departments within companies, commercial banks, assurance companies, other financial Institutions, corporate finance consultancy firms).
- Accounting (financial reporting, financial analysis, accounting & control departments within companies, accountancy firms, management consultancy firms).
Organization (organization & strategy within companies as well as consultancy firms).
What can you expect as a first job after graduation? Your degree allows you to apply for an exceptionally broad range of possible starter positions. A sample of positions attained by our graduates include that of:
- International Management Trainee at ABN-AMRO in Hong Kong.
- Marketing Manager export division for Heineken.
- Planning and Control Officer at AT&T.
- Investment Consultant at Hewitt Associates.
- Brand Manager at Coca Cola.
- Account Manager at OCE.
- Controller at Philips Electronics.
- Accountant at Van Lanschot Private Bankers.
- Market Researcher at Unilever.
The Master's in International Management also prepares you for a career within policy-making institutes such as the IMF, the World Bank, the ministries of a country or a research institute, and offers a competitive advantage for students interested in applying for a PhD program at Tilburg University or another university of international-standing.
International Management Related Programs
See which other programs are related to the Master International Management
International Management Scholarships
Students who would like to register for the Master in International Management will need to have sufficient funds for tuition and living expenses. Getting a scholarship could be the first step towards obtaining a top MSc degree at Tilburg University.
See which scholarships you can apply for if you want to do the International Management program
About Tilburg University
At Tilburg University, our mission is to inspire students and faculty members to reach their full potential, and in doing so, reap a positive impact on the society around them. Our education and research is internationally inspired and is ground breaking. Tilburg is represented among the top institutes in the international university rankings.
Tilburg University educational programs instil a broad social awareness in our students along with critical personal and professional skills. Learning and development are offered at all career levels. Research endeavours aim to advance the frontiers of knowledge on issues and subjects of direct value to society – and are actively disseminated and applied within the community with this objective in mind. We play an active part in the local community and that of the region, the Netherlands and the entire world, maintaining close contact at all levels.
More information about Tilburg University
Entry testGMAT test score and motivation letter.
Language requirementsIELTS overall band: 6.5, IELTS listening: 6, IELTS reading: 6, IELTS writing: 6, IELTS speaking: 6, TOEFL paper based: 575, TOEFL computer based: 233, TOEFL internet based: 90
More information about Master Admission