International Education Fair Bishkek Kyrgyzstan - Event Details
- International Education Fair Bishkek Kyrgyzstan
- Park Hotel Bishkek
- Start date
- Thursday, 01-Oct-2020 starts 16:00
- End date
- Thursday, 01-Oct-2020 ends 20:00
- Target Audience
- High school, College, Bachelor, Master, PhD, Professional, MBA, Graduate
- Price (as of)
- 1940 EUR
+ International Education Fair Bishkek Kyrgyzstan - Event Description
At this event you will have an opportunity to find out about studying at European, Asian, US and Australian institutions. You will have a unique chance to meet and talk to representatives of universities, schools and colleges and find out what programmes best suit your needs. At the Education exhibition, some of the best educational institutions of the EU and beyond will be presenting their programmes of secondary, higher, post-graduate and business education, as well as short language courses and holiday programmes for children and adults.
Why exhibit in Kyrgyzstan?
This region is making tremendous progress in terms of GDP and educational standards. We see a growing number of students going abroad for pre-university, bachelor and master programs. In 2015 around 9 thousand students were studying abroad. At this point the number has reached almost 12 thousand; 30% growth in 3 years. Study abroad is now considered a social status marker in Kyrgyzstan.
The average level of English skills is constantly growing. English is now part of the national curriculum. It is widely spoken throughout the country, especially by the young population.
Sustainable Development Goals in Education
In 2012 the government of Kyrgyzstan together with the UN put in place a 12 point action plan to improve education accross the board. These are the highlights of the 2017 - 2020 goals:
- Opportunity to choose specializations for graduates of basic general education institutions
- Development of working skills aligned to current labor market and population interests and needs
- The creation of continuous lifelong learning conditions
- Development of social partnership and employers’ proactive participation in the education system and process.
- Introduction of competence-based learning approach aimed to improve communication, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Transition to education credit system to provide mobility and flexibility to students, combining work and study in higher education institutions.
- Support for multichannel education financing and fair distribution of financial resources
- Launch of a monitoring and evaluation system to systematically improve the education system.
+ International Education Fair Bishkek Kyrgyzstan - Visitor Info
Number of visitors:
high-school students and parents – 42%
university students – 58%
Age of potential students:
under 10 – 3,3%
11–15 – 9,4%
16–18 – 35,6%
19–22 – 8,6%
23–26 – 34,2%
27–35 – 5,4%
over 36 – 3,5%
+ International Education Fair Bishkek Kyrgyzstan - Exhibitor Info
Latest Kyrgyzstan Study Abroad Data (higher education; UNESCO data 2020)
At this point a total number of 11,399 students from Kyrgyzstan are studying abroad (for or as part of a degree in higher education). These are the most important study abroad destinations for Kyrgyzstani students:
Russia - 5,253
Turkey - 2,023
Kazakhstan - 1,041
Germany - 477
Saudi Arabia - 359
Korea - 195
USA - 195
Tajikistan - 129
Malaysia - 124
Egypt - 104
UK - 88
Czech Rep. - 80
France - 77
Japan - 74